Before a student will be permitted to take medication during school hours or use a self-administer medication at school the following steps need to be followed:
- All student medication requests need to be on a Perrysburg District medication form and have a doctor's signature. Only medication that has to be given during school hours will be considered.
- Parents need to complete the Parent request form.
- A physician will need to complete the Licensed Prescriber's Statement form. (Both sides of form need to be filled out for EpiPen/Twinject medications.)
- When both the Parent request and the Licensed Prescriber forms are complete, please return them to the clinic.
- No medication will be given without a review of the paperwork by the District Head Nurse and the building Principal.
- Medication must be sent in its original prescription bottle with the student's name and exact dosage. All medication must be kept in the clinic locked cabinet. Self-administer inhalers and approved medication should be kept in an agreed location worked out between staff, the parent and the student.
- Medication needs to be brought to the clinic by the parent or guardian.
- Medications may not be sent to school in the student's lunch box, pocket or other means on or about his/her person.
- Student medication requests are good for the current school year and need to be resubmitted each new school year.